Celebrate the 33rd Anniversary of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) with Julie Harris, Disability Inclusion Advocate, and Disclo’s Joshua Peterson as they provide both employers and employees a robust understanding of their respective roles within the framework of the ADA.
This webinar will be an essential resource for employers, HR professionals, managers, and employees who wish to gain a deeper understanding of their rights and responsibilities under the ADA accommodations process.
Key discussion topics will include:
- Employer's obligations in providing reasonable accommodations and engaging in an interactive process.
- Employee's rights and responsibilities in requesting and obtaining reasonable accommodations.
- Importance of confidentiality and proper documentation in the accommodations process.
- EEOC guidance for evaluating accommodation requests and determining reasonableness.
- EEOC guidance for resolving challenges and disputes, promoting positive resolutions.Join us in promoting a more inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace for everyone.
More about our guest:
Julie Harris is a disability inclusion advocate and process improvement specialist with a focus on reasonable accommodations in the workplace. She leverages her knowledge and experience as a disabled employee to enhance accommodation processes for employers and employees alike. She has helped hundreds of employees successfully navigate the accommodation process, and has partnered with multiple employers to take their accommodation process beyond barely legally compliant, to actually effective and inclusive.